WHY SHOULD I ATTEND THE STATEWIDE FAMILY SUPPORT CONFERENCE?
This is a question I’ve heard many families ask over the years, especially ones who have never attended before. There are lots of reasons but here are my top five:
- It’s a great opportunity to connect with other families: With over 500 people attending each year, you are bound to meet other families with similar experiences either through their child’s age, type of disability, town they live in or shared challenges.
- There are informative workshops on a variety of topics by skilled presenters: Each year, the conference planning committee selects cutting edge topics of interest to families of all ages, often presented by other families. The information you learn could lead to positive change for your family.
- You will have an opportunity to meet and hear from many of the decision makers in the state: The conference is usually attended by the state commissioners and directors most responsible for disability policy in New Hampshire as well as personnel from your local area agency.
- The location of the conference lends itself to relaxation and rejuvenation: Whether you come alone, as a couple, or with your entire family, the beautiful setting in the White Mountains is a great place for reflection and the conference offers activities for people of all ages.
- You will develop friendships and relationships throughout the state that will last a lifetime: Many families have been attending the conference for twenty years or more and have developed a network of support which they can call on throughout the year.
Be sure and check out the conference website at www.fscnh.com for more information or contact your local area agency for more information.
Chief Executive Officer of Community Crossroads