Disability Related Hot Topics
Legislators are often asked to make critical decisions regarding support for these individuals despite the fact that these issues are best understood by people with disabilities and their families – the largest constituent minority in NH. It is vital for advocates and policymakers to be aware, better understand, and are able to articulate the issues that affect the people and families we serve.
The Hot Topics below are resources designed for both policymakers and advocates to use to talk about and discuss some of the most important issues faced by people with developmental and other disabilities and their families.
- COVID-19 (from CSNI)
- NH Developmental Disability (DD) Waitlist:
- RSA 171-A 2018-20
- What Makes Community Crossroads Unique?
- Meeting the Needs of People with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities and Co-Occurring Mental Health Diagnosis
- Workforce (from CSNI)
- Employment For People With Disabilities
- NH Values & The NH Advantage (as it pertains to the NH DD Service System)
- NH Special Education & Students with Disabilities
NH’s Developmental Disability Service System Nationally Top Ranked
NH consistently ranks within the top ten states nationally by A Case for Inclusion, the most comprehensive assessment available of how well programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia are serving people with intellectual & developmental disabilities. NH consistently ranks within the top ten states nationally.