Topics for Legislators
Disability Related Hot Topics
Informing legislators and potential candidates for office about the issues that impact individuals with disabilities and families is critical advocacy work. We encourage all of our local advocates to review many of these issues themselves and then use their voice to educate. One way to be heard it to attend our Biennial Partnership Event on 10/11 and speak face to face with the candidates directly. In an effort to get you started on some of the largest issues we’ve created the following “Hot Topics” outlining the details.
- Chapter RSA 171-A (The Law at the Root of the Rights for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities and their Families)
- Employment for People with Disabilities
- Meeting the Needs of People with Intellectual Disabilities and Co-Occuring Mental Health Diagnosis
- NH Values & the NH Advantage as they relate to our support system for citizens with developmental disabilities
- A Tradition of Education Excellence and Opportunity for ALL as it relates to NH Special Education
- The “Waitlist“! What is really means for citizens with developmental disabilities and their families
- What Makes Community Crossroads Unique?